Sexual Violence in History: A Bibliography
(formerly: History of Rape: A Bibliography)
compiled by Stefan Blaschke
1. Topic of the bibliography is the history of sexual violence.
2. The aim is to compile here everything that has ever been said or written on the subject. Even if it is not possible to achieve the goal, it would be just as wrong not to try it.
3. The scope of the bibliography is comprehensive:
a. All forms of sexual violence in all historical periods and regions will be considered.
b. All written and spoken forms of publication will be considered, from whatever discipline and in whatever language.
c. An evaluation of the publications does not take place here, but is the task of the scientific community and result of the academic discussion.
4. The bibliography is intended to provide an overview of what has been researched to date (and where there are still research gaps) and to facilitate access to publications.
5. For each title an information page will be created with three headings: Title Information (e.g. place and year of publication, publisher, ISBN/ISSN), Full-Text (links to text, audio or video files if available), and Additional Information (e.g. links to author oder speaker websites, abstracts, tables of contents, information on reviews, links to Wikipedia articles).
- After being temporarily offline, the bibliography is currently under reconstruction.
- At the moment, only the author and the speaker indexes as well as the chronological and the topical indexes are fully available. Above all, most of the information pages for the individual titles are missing so far.
- Unfortunately, the work is progressing very slowly. Therefore, it will probably take months (or even longer) until the bibliography is completely available again.